London Investment Banking & Investment Careers Showcase - 14 November 2016
Booking essential: limited places available - https://mycareercentral.uea.ac.uk/students/events/detail/916249
Are you interested in a career in investments? Would you like to hear from senior experts in the field, and get a chance to meet them at an exclusive venue in Central London?
Working with the UEA’s Development Office we are able to offer an exclusive opportunity to a small number of UEA students to take an expenses paid trip to London to get a better insight into the market, and what’s really going on in investments in 2016.
Open to all Schools, and all students, this opportunity is particularly appropriate for those who already have an interest in the field and are comfortable acting as ambassadors for the University with the potential of meeting senior business people.
Speakers confirmed at this event will include to following, and more may be added closer to the time:
- Dwayne Stallings (Host) – Raymond James. Raymond James is a diversified financial services company engaged primarily in financial planning, wealth management, investment banking, and asset management.
- Paul Harvey - Chief Executive Officer at Juniper Place LLP. Paul has worked for a number of organisations in the financial services sector over the past 20 years including founding and running GLG Partners' Fund of Hedge Fund Group.
- Paul Goacher serves as a Fund Manager at EEA Fund Management Limited, EPIC Investment Partners Limited, Elite EEA Investment Portfolio - UK Equity Fund and EEA Select Opportunities Investment Company plc.
The event will run as a panel discussion on the topic of the future of investment and investment banking in the UK, and will be followed by an informal food and drinks and networking.
If you are interested, the afternoon is expected to run as follows:
- Coach from UEA to London, leaving afternoon of 14 November (c. 14:30)
- 17:30 Arrive London for intro and welcome at a venue provided by senior investment banker- Oxford & Cambridge Club
- 18:00 Panel discussion on the topic of 'careers and the future of investment banking in the UK'
- 19:00 / 19:30 - Networking and refreshments
- Late evening - Coach to return to UEA
If you would like to attend, we need you to complete a short application form before your place can be confirmed.